Feature Friday: The Cottage Mix


Today I am featuring the beautiful home of Lauren Leonard of the blog The Cottage Mix.  Lauren is a designer and her home reflects her great taste. When asked to describe her style here is what she said:

When decorating my home I tend to lean towards light, neutral wall colors and solid fabrics for upholstered furniture.  I like to add color and pattern through accessories, fabrics and artwork.  I also like to have a good mix of textures and finishes. 

 I live in north Florida, so I am close to coastal Georgia and South Carolina and I am drawn to the design style of these coastal homes.  They are light & airy and traditional...elements that I love.  To add character to my house, I've incorporated different types of trim work such as built-in's, tongue & groove planking and ship-lap walls.  Some girls like shoes, I like carpentry.  Is there a support group for that?!?! 

Enjoy! 



















Thanks so much to Lauren for sharing her home with us. Make sure you check out her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment