My Favorite Spot: Paloma



Paloma's blog is full of beautiful images and inspiration. Whether it be an insightful quote or a breathtaking image I know I can always count on her blog to lift my spirits and make make me really appreciate good design.  Her favorite spot is amazing.  Enjoy!


March 2010 House 132

When Kirsten first asked me to guest blog about a room in my home that inspires me, I kept going back and forth trying to decide which room to choose. Which room truly inspires me? My office was a strong contender since I spend the majority of my day in there blogging and seeking inspiration for La Dolce Vita. Unfortunately, I am still re-arranging some things in there and it was not ready for it’s close-up.

My bedroom seemed like a natural fit for an inspiring room. It is where I go at the end of the day to unwind and relax. Sometimes it works, other times, my high-strung nature follows me in. I keep my iPhone on my nightstand and I’ll check my e-mail late at night and first thing in the morning. It also comes in handy when I have an idea for the blog in the middle of the night!



March 2010 House 143

Up until about a year ago, our bedroom looked decidedly more traditional. I decided to change out some accessories in order to infuse a more youthful look into our room. The soft, grey walls stayed because my husband and I both love the color (Benjamin Moore’s Plymouth Rock). It is quite soothing and makes the room feel like a true respite. All in all, I wanted our room to feel comfortable and relaxing, which I think we’ve achieved through our use of grey walls and crisp, white linens. I also wanted it to look chic and layered which is where the accessories come in. We bought our bed at Z Gallerie when we first got married nearly five years ago. I really want to replace it with a big, upholstered headboard in order to add some texture and warmth to the room. As crazy as it sounds, this room inspires me because it is constantly evolving and I am always thinking of new ideas for it.

March 2010 House 062

When I first started blogging, I did a couple of posts searching for the perfect bedside lamps. I looked at several options and one day, while shopping at Target, I came across these lamps at Target. They were a steal at $50 a piece. We added the chocolate silk shades ourselves.

March 2010 House 108



I keep stacks of books on my nightstand as well as underneath it. I usually can’t find the time to relax and read during the day, so it normally doesn’t happen until I am in bed. The little, round, hand-painted box with the bird on it is from Mexico. I love the vibrant colors! I don’t like strong scents in the bedroom because I have a very keen sense of smell and have been kept awake by diffusers or plug-ins if you can believe it! I do however, love to bring in fresh flowers as often as I can. They add such a special touch and are so beautiful.


March 2010 House 097

I made sure that Fabian’s nightstand had a few more masculine touches. The little vintage, silver tray in the foreground has the Empire State Building on it. We purchased it at the Urban Market. Fabian took the picture of the Golden Gate Bridge himself on our first trip to San Francisco.

March 2010 House 180

The quintessential “For Like Ever” print adds a funky touch of color to our room. Throughout my home, I have paired slightly pricier, vintage pieces with inexpensive items. In this nook, the Thomas O’Brien Longacre Floor Lamp is from Circa Lighting, the zig zag pillow is from Target, and the Bruer chair is vintage.



March 2010 House 120
{My puppy, Tate says hi!}

Our white Pottery Barn bedding features our monogram in white. I think monogramming things makes them feel so special and personal. I opted for a white on white monogram in order to make the duvet and shams more versatile. Right now, the bedding is paired with a zig zag pillow from Target and some Kelly Wearstler-inspired trellis pillows.

Thank you, Kirsten for inviting me to share a room in my home with your readers!

Thank you Paloma! 

This room is amazing just like her blog.  This girl has such great taste and every time she updates her blog I get a little flutter of excitement. Make sure you check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment