My Favorite Spot: Leslie


Today Leslie from a room somewhere is sharing her favorite spot in her home.  

Leslie and her family are remodeling an older home and you wouldn't believe the transformation!  She has impeccable taste and so I knew that each room would be amazing. I asked her to share her favorite spot in her home right now and this is what she said:

My favorite spot in my home is my fireplace. I mostly call it my favorite because it has undergone such a marvelous transformation in the past few months.  


 We purchased our 1986 home in November and immediately set about remodeling it. The fireplace was terrible, covered in fake brick veneer, with a horrible brass insert and an oak mantel. 



I asked our contractor to take away all of the brick and my husband and I designed a simple mantelpiece with a bit more weight. We tiled the rest of the fireplace and floor-level hearth with small tumbled travertine subway tiles, with grout that almost perfectly matches our walls (Glidden Smooth Stone). We're pleased as punch with how it turned out! I accessorized it simply (I'm a minimalist at heart), and it brings me serenity and satisfaction every time I see it. I hope you like it, too!


French Colonial armchair: Wisteria
Reproduction Trumeau mirror: Wisteria
Lanterns: Sundance Catalog
Topiaries: Sam Moon Home, here in the Dallas area



Isn't it beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing Leslie and make sure you check her blog.  It is full of pretty items and great inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment