The Business of Blogging

Today I thought I would stray from the norm and write my two cents about blogging.  I have  had a lot of people approach me and ask how to start a blog, maintain a blog and even coordinate their business with blogging.  We watched this fantastic video in one of my classes last week:



Blogs have become such a part of our society and businesses.  If you are thinking of starting your own blog here are a few tips from me.

* You have to be committed. Blogging can take up as much time as a full or part-time job.  If you are really interested in becoming more involved with blogging know that you will be spending a lot of time doing it

* Blog about things that you would want to read about.  I love reading other blogs and get so inspired by things that others post.  I try and create that same effect on my blog.

* Get to know other bloggers.  There is a great deal of networking that goes on with bloggers.  Introduce yourself to your favorite bloggers and let them know you are starting a blog. They can give you advice and also help build up your readership.  We really should all be helping each other out.

I am obviously not an expert on blogging. There are some people out there that do it for a living. Here is an exerpt from a special that Studio 5 did on some popular bloggers.



Marta over at M. writes has come up with the most wonderful workshop on businesses and blogging and she has posted it all on her blog. Check it out here.  It is amazing and so helpful.

Bottom line:  If you love it, do it.

And a little more inspiration for those thinking of starting their own businesses. I saw this video on Inglenook and I loved it!


I just thought we could all use a little inspiration on following our dreams today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment