Feature Friday: Odi et Amo

Averill of Odi et Amo wanted to make sure I prefaced this post by letting you all know that her home is still, very much, a work-in-progress, but whose isn't!  What I love about these feature friday homes is that these are real people's homes.  They are people who are slowly flexing their design muscles and making their visions come to life.  They are often doing it on a budget or over many years.  Averil's home may not be complete yet, but the progress she has made is too wonderful not to share! 



In her own words she describes her style:

I suppose I would describe my style as a pretty even mix of British Colonial (I love dark woods, rattan, campaign furniture, chinoiserie, linen and cotton fabric, etc.) and Hollywood Regency (bold colors, geometric patterns, lucite, crystal, fantastic mirrors, and lacquered furniture are some of my favorite design elements). I know these styles are pretty disparate, but I think there are common elements (like chinoiserie, for example) that can make them work and I like how in combination they tone each other down. After all, I want the more casual elegance of British Colonial without screaming tropical and I want the glamour of Hollywood Regency without it feeling too trendy or too tacky.




Here is her living room so far.  




What a beautiful fireplace!



I love this monochromatic combination of the trellis with the blue Chiang Mai!



Here is her inspiration board for the room. How fun to see it come to life and how great is that wallpaper going to look in her powder room. Here is her inspiration board for it: 



It's going to be so beautiful when it's finished!



I love this credenza makeover.  So cool.



I am so totally in love with this little bathroom makeover. 






She made that lovely pelmet box. 



She added custom touches to this J.C. Penny stool.  



Some awesome sea fan art in her little nook.  

I will be checking her blog often to get updates on her new home.   Her goal for her home is to "have it be warm, inviting, elegant and gracious but still casual enough that you aren't afraid to kick off her shoes and put your feet up".  She also has great design ideas, mood boards and product ideas on her blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment