Best of 2011 on 6th Street



2011 was a year full of goals for me. My new year's resolutions included getting a website up, having at least three projects photographed and re-doing my blog layout. I accomplished all of those goals! It's been really great to compile this roundup of my favorite posts and some of biggest accomplishments from 2011. Enjoy! 
In January I attended Alt and loved it! I learned so much. I helped my sister complete a DIY sunburst mirror. Jett also got some new curtains.  I went on Studio 5 to talk about mixing prints in your home. 

In February I made notecards out of my old calendar. An e-design project I helped with was featured on Design Sponge. I started my "good-to-great" series with a big reveal. My dad enlisted my help with his mayoral office. I love adding "Ks" all over my house and in February I added a little color and glitter K to my office. After attending Alt in January I decided to make some big changes to my blog. I started off by conducting a survey and then responding to your suggestions here. I also added a new chevron pillow to my life! 


March was an exciting month for me. My home tour was featured in Adore magazine. This was a huge step for my little business. One of my projects was featured on Design Sponge. I started my house tour with my living room. I went on Studio 5 to do a curtain segment.  I revealed a before and after makeover of my credenza.  I also posted about an e-design board that I did here


In April I added to my house tour by showing off my master bedroom, Jett's room and kitchen.  I revealed an e-design bedroom before and after. I also finished Jett's bathroom! I busted my butt to finish my mom's guest room for $500. It took a lot of work but it was a fun project to do. My house was featured on Apartment Therapy. That was a dream come true for me. I also got to go to High Point with Bryn in North Carolina. I also shared some of my favorite designer confessions as part of my Confessions of a Designer series.

In May I added some much needed pink to my master bedroom! I also changed out my blog header and made some other layout changes. I continued my house tour with my office pictures.


In June I revealed a bedroom before and after and I showed another client project update. I did some kitchen updating. I was really excited to show you all one of my very first before and after projects! I got to go on Studio 5 to share some of my favorite etsy artwork.

July was a fun month! I showed off a living room reveal. It was an exciting moment for me. I loved how the room turned out. I blogged about another client project during the middle of the month. I had an e-design success and I shared the before and after on my blog. Summer brought a front porch makeover!  I shared a nursery before and after as well.

In August Jett turned 2 and we celebrated with a nautical birthday party. I also shared a little sneak peak of a local project I was working on. Kirsten Krason Interiors was launched! I was pretty excited about that. I threw one of good friends a sprinkles themed baby shower.

In September I threw a Peacock Bridal shower for a close friend of mine. It was a blast! I welcomed Fall by doing a front porch makeover.  I was honored to be featured in Latter-Day Woman magazine.

In October we had our family pictures done by Jylare and I got around to starting up a Kirsten Krason Interiors Facebook page. I shared a one hour consult before and after.


In November I shared an e-design before and after and I finally got my powder room done. I also shared a little chair makeover that my client did. I announced that I was going to be decorating a model home. I also got to share a gift guide for kids in House of 50.


In December I hosted the 2nd annual Blogger Holiday Social with Alice Lane.  I also shared my Holiday decor with all of you! At the beginning of the month I reveled a living room before and after makeover that I did. I had the opportunity to do a roundup of my favorite products for Adore Magazine. I also shared my favorite winter products on Studio 5!

It's been a great year! Thanks to all of you for reading and if you missed it last year check out the best posts and projects of 2010 here

No comments:

Post a Comment